As part of our preparation to return to golf, entry for all matchplay events is now available using the Club V1 and HowDidIDo apps:
• Women’s Calcutta Cup: Women’s Singles Matchplay.
• Men’s Calcutta Cup: Men’s Singles Matchplay.
• Elliott Greensomes: Women’s Greensomes for pairs.
• Collings Trophies: Men’s Greensomes for pairs.
• Mixed knockout: Greensomes format for mixed couples.
• Men’s scratch knockout: Mens Singles matchplay. No handicap.
• John Duncan Trophy: Singles matchplay. Open to men 55 and over.
Any members wishing to enter any of the events can enter from the Knockouts option on either the “Club V1 Members Hub” or “HowDidIDo” apps, or by logging onto their HowDidIDo account on their computer at https://www.howdidido.com. (Select the event you wish to enter, select “View Details”; select “Enter Knockout”). The closing date for entries is Sunday 12th April, and the draws will be made and published on the app later that week. Refereed finals will take place on Sunday 19th September, and finalists must be available to play on that day.
Specific rules for each competition are included on the app. The entrance fee for each competition is £2 per competitor. Please ensure you have sufficient funds loaded on your club card. Additional funds can be loaded via the Club V1 Members Hub app (selecting the “Card” option from the menu).
Competitors enter the result of each match via the Club V1 or HowDidIdo app on their phone; or at https://www.howdidido.com on their computer. If you cannot access the apps, you can enter the result by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or notifying the Professional of the result. To avoid fixture build up, all players who have not completed their match by the deadline for each round are disqualified, so players should try to arrange their matches in good time.
Two additional matchplay events, the George Sinclair Trophy (for men with a Course Handicap of 14 and under) and MacSmith Trophy (for men with a Course Handicap of 15 and above) have a qualifying round on April 11th with the top 16 finishers qualifying for the knockout stages.
We are reverting to the traditional Greensomes format (both players drive, pick best drive and then alternate shot), this year.
Handicap allowances for Greensomes are calculated as the difference between total of 60% of the lowest players Course Handicap + 40% of the highest player's Course Handicap.
Handicap Allowance for singles matchplay are 100% of the difference between the two players Course Handicaps.
England Golf have provided the following Covid Guidance for Greensomes competitions which we are all expected to follow:
• Each partner should use their own golf ball, which is only handled by that player. For example, the player teeing off from hole one is the only person who touches the ball from teeing off through to completion of the hole. The partner teeing off from hole two does likewise with their ball. Under the Rules of Golf, a partner is permitted to drop the side’s ball in taking relief even if it is not his/her turn to play the next shot. It is also permissible to drop another ball when taking relief.
• When marking and replacing the ball on the putting green this should be conducted by the partner the ball belongs to. Under this situation (or any other where the ball must be replaced) the original ball must be used and must not be substituted by another ball.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com, and a member of the competitions team will contact you back.